Saturday, September 27, 2014

The best is yet to come.

It is hard to believe that this season is coming to a close. I have made vulnerable the journey of tremendous grief, my ups and my downs... You have watched me make mistakes, and then in Christ experience beautiful victories and glorious riches.

There is a lot I didn't get to write, didn't get to share, but time has brought me to this point, where I am changing position from widow to wife, from bereaved to beloved, from broken to being restored...

I am richly blessed, though a sea of grief and pain still washes over the base of my soul, and life everlasting continues to flow, overtaking me slowly but surely, making all things new...

How does one walk into a completely different life than they had once known and loved?

I count all things as loss, and I lay hold of Christ, who is my rock and my fortress, a sure foundation, my stronghold and everlasting God.

I know I am entering a new beginning... I know I am being restored... I know I am blessed and cared for by Almighty God.

My dearest Brent, I cannot wait to marry you in two weeks from today. It will be the beginning of another grand adventure. The best is yet to come...

Please note: This is the end of my journey as recorded on this blog. After the wedding, I will start something new, for a new season and a new life...


1 comment:

  1. So happy for you and your recent marriage.
    Will you be posting a link to your future blog on this site?

    ReplyDelete