Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Restore.

Travelling to me from MI, came a large cardboard box. In this box, a beautiful painting, a gift sent from a dear sister in Christ, crafted with her own hands, formed out of her own spirit…

RESTORE Suddenly, it says.

The image is beautifully artistic in depicting the sense of being broken and lost, whatever was before the promise became a reality, and then Suddenly. Suddenly, warm winds blow in from the East and flowers begin to bloom, the ground becomes rich and plentiful, the ice and snow on a once cold and wintery heart begins to melt away into new life… Life restored.

This painting of a prophetic word spoke into my friend's own life, until God asked her to share it with me. What an honor! To receive such a gift all the way from MI, sent from the Father and from a dear sweet sister, carried to me by fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

God's word to me that day was, I am the giver of good gifts. It is my job to bless, and yours to receive what I give you with thanksgiving. 

Thanksgiving… Key to restoration.

Father, I receive your gift and your promise of restoration. I know it is already being realized, day by day, moment by moment, as my love for Jesus becomes more than my loss of all things.

More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, (Philippians 3:8)


I do not fear losing Lynn. I am content with his high position in the heavenlies, his freedom and joy in that place.  I miss him terribly, but am content, as one can be content inside a fiery furnace because the Lord Jesus Himself is in it with you… I fear now the loss of life, how close I came to the loss of all joy, how close I came to no longer caring, not wanting to fight, not wanting to live…

Restore.


Then the women said to Naomi, “Blessed is the Lord who has not left you without a [Redeemer] today, and may his name become famous in Israel. May he also be to you a restorer of life… (Ruth 4:14-15a)


For the Lord will restore the splendor of Jacob Like the splendor of Israel, Even though devastators have devastated them And destroyed their vine branches. (Nahum 2:2)

2 comments:

  1. Love the new layout! and that picture of you is STUNNING. You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if people ever will truly know the power they can wield with kind words, encouragement, gifts, financial blessings. Thank you for highlighting the good that can flow when we are connected to Him.

    ReplyDelete