Thursday, July 4, 2013

Good morning.

Father, I do not know how you have brought me to this place... 

I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy,
For You have considered my trouble;
You have known my soul in adversities,
And have not shut me up into the hand of the enemy;
You have set my feet in a wide place (Psalm 31:7-8)


You have covered me with your wings and sheltered me within your mighty hands.  You led me through the Valley of the shadow of death, holding my hand, carrying me when I could not see the way...

I am yours.  I am my Beloveds and my Beloved is mine (Song of Sol 2:16).

I will pursue your Kingdom and chase after your Spirit, like a wild goose chase, the symbol of the Spirit in old-time traditions.  You are wild and untamed.  You call us out upon the water and send us out amongst the wolves.  Your promise is this: I will never leave you or forsake you.  I am with you always, even unto the end of the age.  

Your Spirit dwells within me crying, Abba!!  Restore this brokenness unto yourself!  Touch our humanity with Your magnificence.  Not that we would be without trouble, but that we would fellowship in your sufferings, that our soul would grow, that our spirits would embrace a grieving unto glory... That your Name would be made great among the nations, and your nature made known to the intelligence of fools, and your sweet goodness an ointment to soothe the ailings of our souls...

I commit this day to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment